This year was a fun year as I went to the opening night of TIFF and saw more Atlantic Film Festival flicks than previous years. I think it was a good year for movies, as there were more original movies that were very good.
Here are the introductory stats for this year's list:
- 52 movies seen (that were released in 2015)
- (43 in '14, 60 in '13, 58 in '12, 44 in '11, 57 in '10, 43 in '09, 40 in '08, 32 in '07, 55 in '06 and 53 in '05)
- 10 of these were ranked 5/5
- Notable omissions (didn't see for whatever reason)
- Beasts of No Nation
- The Revenant
- Bridge of Spies
- Son of Saul
- The End of the Tour
I will start with my honourable mentions:
- Steve Jobs
- I liked this movie and style a lot as I usually do with Danny Boyle, but the movie just left me wanting a little more.
- This was well-acted and very beautiful, but I found it a little boring and predictable. It's a great movie and I respect that, but I wasn't blown away.
- Inside Out
- This was probably the best kids movie I've seen in a long time. It made me feel every emotion, which is very fitting. This was the hardest movie to leave out of the Top 10.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- The joy this movie gave me is indescribable.
- Other great flicks:
- Straight Outta Compton
Onto the Top 10 - I will encourage you to use the link here (and the image below) as these will lead to descriptions and trailers of each movie on the list.
|all the hits|
Biggest Surprise: 4 way tie - Spring, Tangerine, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl and It Follows.
For old time's sake, here's the typed list:
10. It Follows
9. What We Do in the Shadows
8. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
7. Ex Machina
6. The Big Short
2. Mad Max