letterboxd profile

30.11.08

vampire weekend

The Hot - This movie ended up to be really good. I knew it was mega hyped and that's why I wanted to see it, but I didn't come in with any expectations. I didn't read any of those Stephanie Meyers novels..but figured I'd give this movie a shot. If the movie was good, it should be good on it's own...not with the supplement of the novels.
This movie was full of heart and love. It was honestly a really good love story. It seemed a bit like me to Romeo and Juliet....but the Cullen's were a super cool family who were very accepting. You could really feel the struggle with the vampires, and it was cool.
I also really liked how it wasn't just a random vampire family...and there were others..and then some native wolves too. I liked how they were in Washington because it would always rain. Anyway, good acting, some funny moments and some clever writing makes this a movie I would definitely watch again... multiple times.

The Not - Well, at first I really thought it was corny weird and awkward. The initial scenes with Bella and Edward were just wayy too awkward, and it was weird to see why there was this initial connection, on Bella's behalf. I think that's what I didn't get, is why Bella really loved Edward. I think it wasn't clear enough -- and what I assumed is that he is so different (like herself) and she was drawn to that..and he was also a sexy pale vampire.

Final Shot - Twilight - 4/5

No comments: