letterboxd profile

24.5.07

shr333k

All right.
Shrek. Whattup? First a few notes --
- Eddie Murphy is a sell-out
- Puss in Boots is the bomb
- Not feeling the baby crap in the trailer
- I could have waited to rent this

It is well known that I want animated movies to be more..adult. I realize there is only a Shrek the Third to make money, so they have to appeal to more people. I will say that there was great writing, and it didn't even feel as though I were watching a family movie. I just didn't like the plot. I really liked the idea of Arthur and having Merlin in there was great...but nothing really developed or moved along as well as the other ones. They should have done way more. Looking back, it just didn't seem like anything really happened in comparison to the first two movies. It was still funny though.

Shrek the Third - 3/5

No comments: